The stained glass windows are a major feature of the cathedral. Many are the work of West Australian artists but some have been manufactured in the UK by world renowned artists and therefore add great value and interest to the building.
Most of the windows were installed during the building programme, however some have been added since its completion.
1957 Windows over the North and South Transept Doors
1988 The Four Evangelists Windows (Dome) were installed for the 50th Jubilee of the Opening of the Cathedral
1991 The Presentation Windows (Choir Loft) were installed as a tribute from the Diocese of Geraldton to the work of
the Presentation Sisters over 100 years.
2017 The Monsignor Hawes Window (Narthex) was donated by the Cathedral Tour Guides
The Michael the Archangel Window (Crypt) also donated by the Cathedral Tour Guides
The Bishops Windows (Upper Sacristy and Bishops Sacristy) are added for each Bishop as they are appointed.
Click here for a summary of the Designers and Manufacturers
Click here for a pictorial summary of the windows, their dedications, designers and manufacturers
One of the most famous stained glass artists was Margaret Agnes Rope. Click here for more information about this famous artist.
More links to Margaret Rope:-
With Eyes to Contemplate
by Fr Robert Cross, priest and chancellor of the Diocese of Geraldton, is also Director of Heritage. He has studied extensively the work of Monsignor Hawes.