The objectives of the Association, as per the Rules of Association are-
- To increase national and international awareness of Monsignor Hawes’ rich architectural legacy and his contribution to early Australian heritage
- To encourage and assist people with the material conservation of the Monsignor Hawes’ legacy
- To encourage the development of local groups with Monsignor Hawes Heritage interests
- To forge links with other religious and tourism heritage groups locally, throughout Australia and overseas
- To provide opportunities for educational institutions and bodies promoting tourism in the Midwest and Gascoyne regions to be involved in projects initiated or supported by the association
- To celebrate, educate and inform people of Monsignor Hawes’ legacy and heritage through Hawes Heritage Events
- To undertake and assist in projects which are relevant to the region's overall tourism heritage or any other object of the Association
- To work closely with the regional communities to achieve the objects of the Association.
- To acknowledge and keep alive the rich spiritual heritage that Monsignor Hawes brought to the Mid-West and Gascoyne regions.
The Monsignor Hawes Heritage Inc Board consists of 10 church, organisational, community and ex-officio representatives.
The John Hawes Foundation
MHHI has established a public (DGR) fund titled the John Hawes Heritage Foundation to receive and manage donations and bequests specified by donors for the express purpose of conserving the built and movable heritage of John Hawes.