St Patrick’s Former Church – Wonthella Geraldton
This building was designed in 1938 and built in 1939 and is one of Hawes’ simpler designs. As it was only seen as a temporary measure until a more pretentious building becomes necessary, it was a very simple construction to cater for the community, educational and religious needs of about 60 people.
Classes for primary school children commenced in the building in 1940.
In 1964 a larger structure superseded the church however the building still stands.
Currently occupied by the Irish Club of Geraldton, St Patrick’s Hall is a very simple timber framed and iron clad building.
Visiting the building
St Patrick's is located at 253 4th St Wonthella Geraldton and now operates as The Irish Club.