4 day Hawes Heritage Trail Pilgrimage 9th-12th June 2024
You're invited to participate in a voyage of discovery, based in Geraldton, of the iconic buildings and sites relating to the heritage of Priest/Architect John Cyril Hawes in Midwest Western Australia
Day 1 GERALDTON
- Group assembles for 9:30 Mass at the St Francis Xavier Cathedral
- Welcome and distribution of Pilgrimage Shells and Tour Booklets
- Tour of Monsignor Hawes Heritage Centre and St Francis Xavier Cathedral
- Tour of The Hermitage, San Spirito Chapel and Nazareth House
- Drive by St Lawrence's Church
- Refreshments at the Irish Club (formerly St Patrick's Church).
Day 2 MULLEWA VIA KOJARENA and return via YUNA and NANSON
- Visit St James Chapel Kojarena
- Walk the Hawes Heritage Walk to Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church
- Visit the Priesthouse Museum
- Mass in Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church
- Visit Mass Rock and The Pioneer Cemetery to see the headstones built by Hawes for 2 local children
- Visit the McGauran Mass Site in Yuna
- Visit Out Lady of Fatima Church and Presentation Convent Nanson
Day 3 NORTHAMPTON/KALBARRI VIA NANSON
- Mass in Our Lady of Ara Coeli Church Northampton
- Visit Sacred Heart Convent Northampton
- Drive to Kalbarri National Park to visit the Skywalk
- Return to Geraldton via the Pink Lake at Port Gregory
Day 4 MORAWA PERENJORI CARNAMAH
- Mass in St Joseph's Church Perenjori
- Holy Cross Church Morawa
- Priest's Lodge Morawa
Cost for the Pilgrimage is $400 per person
- Transport on luxury 49 seater coach with bathroom facilities, USB ports and reclining seats
- Tour Guide/Spiritual Director & Tour Coordinator on Board
- Mass Daily in Hawes Churches
- Name Tags, Pilgrim Shell and Tour Booklet
- Water, Juice, Tea & Coffee, and Light Snacks provided throughout the day
- Entrance to Kalbarri National Park
- Picnic Lunch Daily
- Welcome Pack with information on Geraldton provided for visitors to Geraldton
- Transport to and from Geraldton *
- Accommodation in Geraldton *
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Donations to Museums/Churches visited
- While this is a spiritual pilgrimage, there is no requirement for Pilgrims to take part in religious ceremonies.
- The itinerary above is subject to change however the organisers will endeavor to include all sites listed in the Highlights. A more detailed itinerary will be provided with your Tour Booklet
- If you will be visiting Geraldton for the Pilgrimage, click on the link for a list of suggested Accommodation Options. If you won't have your own transport in Geraldton, it is recommended that you stay in accommodation close to the City Centre (*) as public transport and Taxi services in Geraldton are not reliable.
- Enquiries: Contact Gerry Eastman firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 0417 912997
Comments from Past Pilgims
Very informative. Richness of the Diocese explored with fitting appreciation of Hawes, of Catholicism, and history.
Highlight for me was Father Cross's extensive knowledge and his ability to communicate to lay people and create a picture/vision. Superb!
As a lapsed Catholic I found it enlightening.
Fr Cross was a great presenter - witty and informative. Gerry great organiser.
Enjoyed it very much - information overload - loved it. On my 'to do' list again.
Very well organised and lovely companions.
As a non-practicing Catholic I recommend this to anyone and everyone. The group was extremely welcoming and the insight into the Catholic faith inspiring. Not to mention the achievements of Hawes.
Excellent and very well organised. I would recommend it to others.
Additional touristy visits were excellent.
Well organised and informative. Everyone was welcoming.
Wonderful experience. So much more than I expected.